Osum Oil Sands Corp. has announced the recipients of the 2020 Leader of Tomorrow Award. This $1000 bursary recognizes Grade 12 students in the Bonnyville and Cold Lake area who make a positive difference in their school and communities.
The 2020 recipients of the Leader of Tomorrow Award are:
- Hunter Drapaka, Bonnyville Centralized High School
- Patricia Feng, Cold Lake High School
- Gwyneth Manilag, Cold Lake High School
- Kendra Moore, Bonnyville Centralized High School
- Anita Roy, Cold Lake High School
- Nikolas Shapka, École Notre Dame High School
- Bronwyn Wareham, Assumption Jr/Sr High School
“Bright ideas, leadership and initiative are qualities that stood out for us when choosing the recipients of this year’s award,” said Christi Clouter, Osum’s Communications Manager. “The Leader of Tomorrow Award program provides both Osum and community members a chance to acknowledge and support the young adults who we believe will go on to be kind, compassionate and thoughtful leaders.”
About the Award:
The Osum Leader of Tomorrow Award was established in 2012. Each spring members of the community are asked to nominate graduating students they have observed going the extra mile for their community or their peers. Since its inception, 63 students have received the Award.