Posted: Oct. 02, 2017, Positions Available: 1
This is an exciting opportunity at Osum based in our Calgary, Alberta Office. The successful candidate enjoys working with a broad set of technologies, and looks for innovative ways to bring their experience to solve problems inside and outside the IT Team. As the successful candidate, you thrive working in a small team where you can influence IT decisions, see the business impact of your efforts, and enjoy working directly with staff in the office and the field.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the IT Infrastructure Lead will be accountable for Osum’s IT Infrastructure (network, servers, telephony), as well as ‘hands-on’ management of the infrastructure that supports Osum business systems. Other main responsibilities include supervising technical staff (contactors and/or employees) to ensure that service levels are defined and delivered; providing tier 2 support to the service desk and client support; and managing projects for the group. The successful candidate will demonstrate their talent in key performance areas such as leadership, communication and customer service.
Key Accountabilities Include:
• Ensure both availability management and capacity management for the Osum IT Infrastructure.
• Perform scheduled and repeatable processes such as system pro-active monitoring and event log management, performance analysis, configuration, and installation, maintenance, planning and overall design of Osum’s IT Infrastructure.
• Manage the configuration and maintenance of backup and storage/recovery processes, and update related procedures and the IT Backup/Recovery Plan.
• Provide recommendations for tools, procedures, network enhancements and hardware to the Manager, Information Systems as well as a cost analysis and implementation plan.
• Ensure services are delivered with appropriate information technology technical and policy safeguards.
• Implement and monitor appropriate IT security tools, processes and technologies.
• Provide technical expertise to group members, team members, and clients.
Experience & Education:
• IT related Diploma or Degree from a recognized Post-Secondary Institution;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a network administrative role;
• 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Advanced knowledge of infrastructure design, management, and maintenance principles and standards;
• Expert knowledge of VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft Back Office systems (Server, Exchange);
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas software products an asset.
Submit your resume online at www.osumcorp.com or email your resume to email@example.com and reference Job Posting Number 17-14 in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 22, 2017