What should I say in my video?
Your video should include:
- A bit about yourself
- Your career goals
- Any community involvement or volunteering you do
- Your ideas about how to make a difference in your community or the world
- Other things that you are passionate about
Be creative and let your personality shine!
What should I use to make my video?
Use a cell phone, Ipod, tablet, video camera, computer, whatever works for you. We’ll be judging on content and creativity but we don’t expect major motion pictures. So, no editing required.
How long should my video be?
Your video should be 2-4 minutes long. Be clear, concise and creative, but don’t go longer than 4 minutes.
How do I get the URL needed for submission?
- Create your 2-4 minute video and save it on your computer. The video must be no longer than 4 minutes. No exceptions.
- Upload it to YouTube:
- Go to YouTube
- If you are a YouTube member or have a Google account, login and upload your video using their instructions.
- If you are not a YouTube member or do not have a Google account, follow the instructions to sign up – and then upload your video to YouTube using their instructions.
- Please make sure the Privacy Settings for this video are set to Public and your Distribution Options are set to Allow Embedding so that external sites may embed and play your video.
- Title your video and add a description, including your name and “Osum Spark Award.”
- Write down or copy the link for your video from the URL bar.
- Complete the Online Application Form and include the unique URL for your YouTube video.
Please feel free to send an email to email@example.com if you have any other questions about the Osum Spark Awards that haven’t been answered here.