How To Enter
- No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or to be awarded a scholarship as part of The Competition.
- Entrants who meet the conditions as outlined in the Rules & Regulations page are eligible to enter The Competition during the Application Period by fully completing the Online Application Form and uploading a video or essay submission.
- Please note that applicants who are shortlisted in the evaluation process will be asked to provide additional documentation including proof of enrollment/acceptance, a transcript of marks, as well as proof of membership in one of the outlined Indigenous communities.
Video or Essay Submission
Submit an essay (1000 words or less) or a 2-4 minute video telling us about yourself and the difference you want to make in your community or the world. (We’d especially like to hear about your career goals, community involvement and other things that you are passionate about. Let your personality shine!).
How to Submit Your Video
- Create your video and save it on your computer. The video must be no longer than 4 minutes. No exceptions.
- If submitting a video, upload it to YouTube:
- Go to YouTube
- If you are a YouTube member or have a Google account, login and upload your video using their instructions.
- If you are not a YouTube member or do not have a Google account, follow the instructions to sign up – and then upload your video to YouTube using their instructions.
- Please make sure the Privacy Settings for this video are set to Public and your Distribution Options are set to Allow Embedding so that external sites may embed and play your video.
- Title your video and add a description, including your name and “Osum Spark Award.”
- Complete the Online Application Form and include the unique URL for your YouTube video.
How to Submit Your Essay
- Write your essay and save it on your computer. The essay must be no longer than 1000 words. No exceptions.
- Complete the Online Application Form and upload your essay in the field provided. Essays can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 403.283.3970.
Completing the Online Application
- Visit the Application Page to complete the online application.
- You will be required to provide your contact information, the name of your video and your video’s unique YouTube URL, OR upload your essay.
- You will then be required to agree to the Competition Rules & Regulations.
- Press “Submit Application.”
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your completed scholarship application.
- If you are submitting documents via fax or email (or want to check if we have received a reference for you via the Online Reference Form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that applicants who are shortlisted during the evaluation process will be asked to provide additional documentation including: proof of acceptance (or proof of enrollment if you are already attending a post secondary institution or participating in an apprenticeship training program), your most recent transcript, and proof of membership in one of the Aboriginal communities outlined in the Rules & Regulations. Please be sure the documents are all labeled with your name.
As part of the Submission Requirements, you must provide two (2) references and specify whether they are an academic, professional/volunteer or character reference. These references can be submitted in one of four ways:
- Online Reference Form;
- A completed hard copy of the Reference Form can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com;
- A completed hard copy of the Reference Form can be faxed to 403.283.3970; or
- Scan a copy of the completed reference form and attach it as part of your Online Application.
Click here to visit the Online Reference Form.
Click here to download a PDF of the Reference Form.
These references must be received no later than 4:00 pm MST on May 27, 2017.
Consent of Parent or Legal Guardian
Applicants who are under the age of majority must have signed consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Click here to download a PDF of the Consent Form.