2017: Solid Results
We’ve kept our sleeves rolled up, our pencils sharp, and stayed focused on the future.
Not only did we protect the business during the downturn, we were able to move it forward in a material way. We completed the Phase 2A growth project at Orion and sanctioned Phase 2B by staying focused on the fundamentals – operational excellence, solid execution, safety, and the community. Our resilience paid off. We were successful in:
- Executing growth projects to increase production levels,
- Strengthening our track record as a safe and responsible operator,
- Improving our netbacks by reducing costs,
- Maintaining long-term partnerships in the Lakeland.
Phase 2A: COMPLETE
In addition to the (third) boiler and reverse osmosis water treatment unit that were installed in late 2016, Phase 2A included:
- Three new well pairs, drilled from existing pads. All of them are now in operation and will add an additional 1,500 barrels per day of production as they continue to ramp up over the next 12 months.
- A crystallizer unit that allows us to significantly reduce the waste created by our evaporative water treatment process. The crystallizer increases our water recycle rate by over 200 m3/day and substantially reduces our off-site waste water disposal (up to six haul trucks per day).
Phase 2B: UNDERWAY
This phase of expansion includes:
- A third evaporator package, which will allow us to treat more water and fully utilize the third boiler,
- Capacity additions in several areas of the central processing facility,
- Eight new well pairs which will ultimately add production of about 3,000 barrels per day,
- Project completion in the middle of 2018.